Henrico Doctors’ Hospital Completes of 5-Year, $100 Million Expansionhttp://henricodoctors.secure.ehc.com/
November 16, 2011
Richmond, VA, November 16, 2011 - Henrico Doctors’ Hospital will celebrate the completion of its five-year, $100 million expansion on November 16, 2011. Henrico Doctors’ has increased the size of its campus by 50 percent, introducing new services, expanded offerings and providing guests with easy access to the most visited areas of the hospital.
- Doubling the square footage of our ER, enabling the ER team to serve 2,000 more patients since opening in January
- Increasing the Heart Center, Richmond’s Best for Heart Surgery, from 16 to 24 beds
- Opening of the region’s only iMRI (intra-operative MRI for use during neurosurgery)
- Opening the Cancer Specialty Clinic, where they have expanded multi-disciplinary clinics from two disease states to five (breast, prostate, lung, colorectal, hepatobiliary), as well as introducing Survivorship and ‘About You’ programs
- Expanding physician office space with the Forest Medical Plaza, which has brought an additional 20+ physicians to practice on the campus of Henrico Doctors’ Hospital
- Introducing the new Forest Entrance. Based on patient feedback, the new entrance to the hospital has been strategically designed to create a user-friendly pathway to the emergency room, Heart Center, pre-admission testing, outpatient registration, Breast Center and Courtyard and Medical Office Buildings.
"This expansion enables us to bring the best healthcare in Richmond to more patients, more easily and quickly," said Pat Farrell, CEO of Henrico Doctors’ Hospital. "I’m most proud that despite the disruption of construction, our clinical team has maintained excellent quality of care – in fact care that has led Henrico Doctors’ to be highlighted by HealthGrades as the best in Virginia and among America’s 50 Best Hospitals."
Henrico Doctors’ Hospital will be holding a Fall Health & Wellness Festival on Saturday, November 19 from 8 am to 12 pm to give the public a behind scenes look at the new facility. There will also be free health screenings, education, kids’ activities and refreshments.
About Henrico Doctors’ Hospital: Henrico Doctors’ Hospital, with campuses at 1602 Skipwith Road (Forest Campus), 7700 E. Parham Road (Parham Campus), and 2621 Grove Avenue (Retreat Hospital), is a 767-bed acute-care hospital offering state-of-the-art medical technology in a community hospital setting. Part of the HCA Virginia Health System, Henrico Doctors’ Hospital was named one of HealthGrades “America’s 50 Best Hospitals” in 2007, 2008 , 2009, 2010 and 2011. The Cancer Center at HDH is accredited by the American College of Surgeons with ten commendations and is a 2008 CoC New Program Outstanding Achievement Award recipient. HDH is a national leader in kidney transplants and robotic surgery. In addition, Henrico Doctors’ is the home of The Orthopaedic Hospital, a state-of-the-art facility on its Parham Campus. For more information on Henrico Doctors’ Hospital, visit us at www.henricodoctors.com.